Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Windowsplash

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Windowsplash

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Steve Schmidt on May 28, 2002
I'm looking for info on the latest products and technigues for window splashes. I'm a 20+ year signman so I don't need basics. I just need to know what people are using for splashes these days.
Mike Jackson
Hi Steve,
I went to www.signcraft.com and did a search on Window Splash. It came up with a lot of articles on this subject which they printed over the past few years. Here's the text...but it is organized more nicely on their site.

Good luck,
Mike Jackson

Title Description Issue
Brushes for window splashes Reader to Reader 60:57
Design/Cost Workshop Window splash for the holiday season (illus) 49:94-96
McCarthy's window splash cartoons, A sampling of Jim. photo-essay (illus) 43:105
McCarthy, Jim, does a window splash. By Tom McIltrot. article (illus) 43:94-99
McIltrot, Tom. Jim McCarthy does a window splash. article (illus) 43:94-99
STEP BY STEP-WINDOW SPLASH Jim McCarthy does a window splash, by Tom McIltrot. article 43:94-99
STEP BY STEP-WINDOW SPLASH TECHNIQUE Big John knocks out a paper banner, by Tom McIltrot. article 41:44-50
WINDOW LETTERING A sampling of Jim McCarthy's window splash cartoons. photo- 43:105
WINDOW LETTERING Jim McCarthy does a window splash, by Tom McIltrot. article 43:94-99
Window splash brushes Reader to Reader 60:57
Window splashes Reader to Reader 59:15,102
WINDOWS-SEASONAL Design/Cost Workshop. Window splash for the holiday season 49:94-96
Barber, Nick. Holiday window splashes made easy article 79:94
Holiday window splashes made easy For Beginners Only 79:94
Holiday window splashes Design/Cost Workshop 73:80
WINDOW SPLASHES Nick and Aina Barber, Ventura, CA 93:94-99
Reflections on the window splash business, by Preston McCall Article (illus) 94:134-135
WINDOW SPLASHES Reflections on the window splash business, by Preston McCall 94:134-135
10 Steps to a spectacular window splash by Nick Barber Article (illus) 76:138-142
WINDOW SPLASHES 10 Steps to a spectacular window splash by Nick Barber 76:138-142
WINDOW SPLASHES Judi's Window Painting 78:83-91
WINDOW SPLASHES Who paints those fast food window ads 79:60-63
Barber, Nick. Holiday window splashes made easy Article (illus) 79:94-99
Barber, Nick. Holiday window splashes made easy WINDOW SPLASHES 79:94-99
Holiday window splashes made easy by Nick Barber For Beginners Only (illus) 79:94-99
Sell your window splashes all day long by Aina Barber Article (illus) 80:140-146
WINDOW SPLASHES Sell your window splashes all day long by Aina Barber 80:140-146
WINDOW SPLASHES Bring your splashes to life with cartoons by Nick Barber 82:126-131
Removing window splashes Reader to Reader 84:20
READER TO READER Removing window splashes 84:20
WINDOW SPLASHES Follow-up builds your client base - and helps you keep it by Aina Barber 84:72-77
Removing window splashes Reader to Reader 85:18
READER TO READER Removing window splashes 85:18
Choosing colors that bring power to your window splashes by Nick Barber Article (illus) 86:103-106
WINDOW SPLASHES Choosing colors that bring power to your window splashes by Nick Barber 86:103-106
Rescheduling window splashes Letters 87:14
LETTERS Rescheduling window splashes 87:14
WINDOW SPLASHES Yant, Dave, Encinitas, California 95:130-135
Window splashes Reader to Reader 101:22
WINDOW SPLASHES Make a splash with holiday windows. By Nick and Aina Barber 103:64
Take enamel window splashes off with care Tips & Tricks 116:14
WINDOW SPLASHES Tardif, Pierre 118:100-103
WINDOW SPLASHES Joe Tedesco 119:100-103

Sign Craft Magazine
http://www.signcraft.com/
Steve Schmidt
Mike
Thanks for the quick response. I had seen the list you sent to me on signcraft's website but I don't have any of those particular issues. are those articles available online or do I have to purchase the back issue just for this info.
Mike Jackson
Hi Steve,
I don't know if the articles are on line or not, but you can contact SignCraft and ask. I know they do sell back issues, if they haven't run out of a specific one, and you could just buy the ones you think would help from that list of articles.

Good luck,
Mike Jackson