Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Exciting Times

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Exciting Times

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Dan Sawatzky on March 16, 2002
I was in the city this past week... What I saw in signs was almost all produced by machines. I'm sure there were people typing in the necessary information and even handling the materials, but the work sure wasn't done by hand.

I was tempted to be discouraged.... even blown away by all I saw.

But I rather choose to look on it as an opportunity instead. There are getting to be fewer and fewer folks out there who can do the things we do. A trip to LA and Vegas last week showed me that there is still a good demand for this hand done work. The limited demand is all around us.

As we get into the building of a new shop and studio I am looking forward to the future. We will have a wonderful showcase of our work... and tens of thousands of folks passing through our grounds during the busy tourist summer season.

A few of them will want what we do. And they will realize that the folks who can do the work they are looking at are few and far between. Most of them will realize that this skill is rare and not cheap either... and be willing to pay for it. Enough to keep me busy all next winter.

-dan
Cultus Lake B.C. Canada