Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Gold on Glass

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Gold on Glass

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Carol on March 15, 2002
Mike's post on another thread caused me to bring this up. The new glass that is being manufactured is suppose to have polyesters or something that will repell dirt, making windows that need cleaning less often. However, I suspect that real gold leaf won't stick either. Has anyone had any experiance with this?

D. Bernhardt
well C this is really a subject for the boss but i'll give it a shot. my "guess" is that it is so highly polished it repells dirt and for this reason we need to abraid or give it more tooth. hence the cerium oxide pumice and others recommended before angel gilding!