Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Conclave

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Conclave

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Dan Sawatzky on February 13, 2002
I'm still coming down from the fabulous meet at Rick Glawson's this past weekend. As many of you know, the shop is wall to wall eye candy and the hospitality extended was even better than that!

I got to try out some gilding (I know it should have been done in reverse Rick Sacks) but I was practicing the techniques I would use on my truck doors. :)

To rub shoulders with so many more folks I have chatted with on the web and read about in the periodicals was fabulous!

There was a tremendous spirit of teaching as the experienced folks shared techniques with us newbies.

The best part was friendships forged and common interests discussed.

I'm looking forward to next year already to continue where we left off and to tackle a more complex project while there.

-dan
Giggle Ridge Studios
Cultus Lake, B.C.
D. Bernhardt
Hi again Dan.... Yes you did seem to have a blast. Let me also mention that I got a great deal from you while sitting(forever it seemed)eating at Claim Jumpers...and yuppers...I also had a blast this year. David (Rick's guy) and I had a few days out on the town and he saw to it that I got a good peek at some of the sights. Sounds like we'll run into to each other next year too!
P.S. I was the craggy old guy on your left ;=)