Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Inspiration!

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Inspiration!

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Dan Sawatzky on February 06, 2002
I've been flipping through my back issues of SignCraft and AMAL lately. January traditionally is a time of year I spend recharging my creative batteries every year.

I also try and experiment with some new techniques and materials too. The how-to articles in the mags help me along greatly. I also surround myself with revelent books on the subject as well.

As I look through the mags I often get sidetracked by others work and stories there. What inspiration! Kindred minds.... what Letterheads is all about.

As I posted yesterday, Gold is what interests me this year... so much to learn and experiment with. I know I can take my craft to a new level, inspired by what I see. I am reved!!!!!

So thanks to those here who have shared their knowledge through the magazines, letterhead meets, here on a discussion board, and to those around them personally. I appreciate it greatly and will try to pass what I learn down the line.

-dan

Dan Sawatzky
Giggle Ridge Studios
Cultus Lake B.C.
Raymond Chapman
And thank you for all the inspiration you have given the rest of us, too.

Not too long I was doing the same thing (looking through old SC issues) and came across your mural work. Now, that is nice stuff. There is a blank wall in the small town in which I live (Belton - pop. 12,000) that would be the perfect canvas for an historical mural. Now if I can just get my mind to work like Dan's....