Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Compound Curves

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Compound Curves

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Rick Sacks on January 03, 2002
Yesterday I had another opportunity to letter the bullit end of a tanker. The distortions on those compound curves can be fun to play with. The letters at the end of each line are larger than those in the middle to get them to look the same. The top and bottom baselines are curves to get them to look straight. Each line of copy requires it's own unique distortions, because parallel lines don't look parallel. I set eack line with masking tape, touching it down only in spots and getting back and making adjustments until it looks straight. When I get up to the truck and see how curved it is, it's quite entertaining.

Carol
Rick,
Can you post a picture?
Rick Sacks
At this time my digital camera took a dive and I don't have a site on line to store photos. Soon though, Carol.