Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Shop Tip?

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Site Man

Shop Tip?

Post by Site Man »

OLD FORUM POSTS

Posted by Carol on December 16, 2001
Everyone does use vinyl scraps for shipping tape this time of year, don't they? I do. Heavily into red and green.
Kent Smith
Shipping tape is a great idea. We have been cleaned out by the school art department up the block and the nursing home craft folks where Judi's folks are. They make collages etc. and we showed the kids how to sculpt with it. Gotta send a box to my grand-niece so she should enjoy the bright vinyl colors.

About to start my shopping so you all have a Merry Christmas.

Mike Jackson
Hi C:
The day after 9-11, I sent out three packages. One arrived a little late, one never arrived, and one arrived late but all the contents had been removed and the PO taped it shut and sent it on. Since then, I have been sending everything Priority US Mail with delivery confirmation. The confirmation costs an extra 40¢ more per package but at least there is a record on each end of when it was sent and when it was picked up. With Priority US Mail, the Post Office gives away all kinds of free shipping boxes, labels and even rolls of shipping tape...just ask! Red and Green vinyl scraps used as tape does make sense!

I overheard the person at the Post Office telling people that any package over one pound is being shipped by ground, even now. Luckily, my CD's are light and also the little repro toy parts!

Ho-Ho-Ho

Mike Jackson
Carol
Do you 'spose they x-rayed your packages and saw a little gun and considered it a threat? :-) Good tip tho' since I have procrastinated on some packages I'll either send Priority or UPS. thanks