Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Boy! That was Fun (Site Man)

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

William Holohan

Boy! That was Fun (Site Man)

Post by William Holohan »

To All Who Filled the old site.

For the past few weeks, I have had the pleasure of up posting much of the info from the old site.

It could have been done in a more timely fashion had I not stopped to read every post. Many I had read in the past, but many I had not.

The amount and depth of the information made available to anyone interested in growing their skills in this profession is mind boggling, as I am sure most of you know. It is your generosity that makes it so.

Let an outsider to the profession heap his heartfelt praise upon you. You can all be oh so proud of your spirit of sharing. I am sure that your freind Rick Glawson is smiling down on you all as he re- pearls the pearly gates.

I came to the old site just before he passed. To read the eulogies for a man I didn't even know, brought this old geezer to tears over many days.
To have that much love and respect from his peers surely must have made him happy in life. Reading and up posting them again had the same effect.

Thank you all for the opportunity to share in a small way in your giving spirit.

Bill "Irish" Holohan
Ron Berlier

Post by Ron Berlier »

Greetings Bill!

No, THANK YOU for all the time and energy you invested in bringing all the posts over to the new forum for "Our" convenience. It is greatly appreciated! :lol:
Ron Berlier
Wherever I go, there I am.
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

Ditto for me too. Thanks a bunch!
Mike
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Dennis Davis

Post by Dennis Davis »

Bill, thanks so much for re-posting all the great information from the old site. I, too, was moved to tears to re-read the tributes to Rick Glawson. I'm not in the profession that this site is geared toward, and I, like you, found this site just a day or two after Rick's passing. I remember reading one of the sign brethren's comments, and he stated that he had "lost his mentor" in the passing of Mr. Glawson. There is such a wealth of knowledge to be found here that it boggles the mind. My only regret is that I didn't find the joy of working with glass some 40 years ago. I'm still a beginner and enjoying every minute of it. My thanks to any and all who have taken time to post methods and techniques that have answered questions for folks like myself.
Raymond Chapman

More Thanks

Post by Raymond Chapman »

Biil - thanks immensely for your labor of love. And what a trip it must have been to re-read those old posts.

Like you, I go back and read those heartfelt posts about Rick and I too tear up...which is not that hard for me. Even though we appreciated him at the time, there was no inkling of what we had just standing there next to us.

Again, to all those who make this forum possible...I big Thank You. Sometimes I think Mr. Jackson is disappointed that more don't post here, but those that do add tremendously to our weatlth of knowledge. For me, I know that all I have to do is ask a question and I will get a reliable answer in only moments. You can't beat a deal like that.
Mark Fair

Post by Mark Fair »

Thanks bill!
This site has a wealth of information.
Harry Malicoat

Thanks Again

Post by Harry Malicoat »

Another Thank You to you Bill. What you have accomplished in the past few weeks the rest of us haven't made time for, but we appriciate with all our hearts. It is that gathering of a wealth of knowledge all in one place, but it is mostly, to some of us, the thread that still ties friends together, wherever they may be. I see a new post from Doug or one from Ray or Dave Smith in England, and I just have to take a minute to smile and remember those special times. Ray, you are probably right that Mike wishes we would all post more, but I only do that when the post would start a conversation that is educational for everyone. I do, however, come here DAILY to connect with the guys. Thanks again Bill.
Harry Malicoat