Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Back up Enamel

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

DAVE SMITH

Back up Enamel

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Hi Mike.
Can you help me with this one.
I am trying to track down a post I think you wrote on Sericols back up enamel about 2yrs ago. I remember you saying about Rick adding an orange fragrance to the enamel. Do you still have that post?
Thanks
Dave.
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

Hi Dave...and all,
Here's a perfect chance to try out the SEARCH feature of this site. Just click on the Search button above, type in Sericol and click the Search button. Bingo! There are seven posts containing that word, one of which is the one you were asking about. The other six probably also have good info.

Mike
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Thanks for that Mike!
Bingo! That worked great.
We have Sericol here in the uk. I was looking to see if I could get the paint here to try and save on shipping costs to the states.
I was speaking with the company today they were talking about a new product for a silver finish exactly the same quality and finish as a mirror silver,a litre of the stuff costs around $120.00 they won't send samples out so I have to purchase the tin to try it out.I will keep you posted on this new paint.
I remember Larry White was trying out some new mirror silver finish a while ago, this could well be the same product.

Dave.
Brian the Brush UK

Post by Brian the Brush UK »

Hi Dave,
I would be interested in this product for some future work, could you please keep us informed on how it looks and performs ??
Many thanks, Brian
www.brian-the-brush.com
With a stroke more imagination.