Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

User Names: A few basic rules, please

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Mike Jackson
Site Admin

User Names: A few basic rules, please

Post by Mike Jackson »

Hi all,
Over the last year or so, I have deleted a few users and usernames which failed to follow the basic set of rules I requested in the very first post at the top of the forum.

viewtopic.php?t=55&sid=9135c5058d52a7987f5e9ab2ab454b04

Here's the pertinent information from that post:
Also, this Forum has a few different terms. To make a new post, look for New:Thread instead of Post Message. Just to make it easier for everyone I'd like to "ask" a few favors of the rest.

• 1. Let's forget the nicknames and use our regular full names. There will likely be numerous people named "John", for example.

2. Sometimes it is important to know where someone lives to evaluate their comments (ie. glue chipping is different on the coast than in the desert)

3. There is a box for your User Signature. If you fill in that box with your full name and town, it will accompany your post each time. No need to even type in your name after filling in your message! You can even add information there like "started in 1973"...or "formerly Golden"
Some of the half dozen usernames were deleted because they failed to include some of the basic information, but more so because they appeared to be "data miners"—and not intending on actually contributing to this forum. Recently, someone registered using the name "Nobody". When I looked up their information, they included "nowhere" as their localle. Actually they signed up twice that way, so after the second time, I blocked their email address.

We can handle the nicknames for your username, but I think that should be tolerated only if you include your real name in your "signature" box, or you sign it at the bottom each time. Please sign in with your name and password and go to the .Cpanel at the top of the page and edit your profile. All you have to do is add the information into your signature. I don't see a problem with using partial initials such as M. Jackson.

Again, these are basic courtesy rules. Please help us protect the board by doing your part.

Lastly, we deleted a few off color posts last week in the Ghost Town meeting post. I believe some of the banter may have actually been quotes from an old movie, but they were getting a little out of hand, and way, way off the topic of the original question. We hope to keep the conversation here a bit more civilized and closer to the suggested topics under the banner a the top of each page.

Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons