Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

weird tricks and tools dept. " The Booger Brush"

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Roderick Treece

weird tricks and tools dept. " The Booger Brush"

Post by Roderick Treece »

The first time i ever heard of a "Booger Brush was from Big daddy Ed Roth.
While painting a sign and eating a sandwich at some point he picked his nose and then it happened.He driped some paint on the background and used his Booger Brush ( Finger) to wipe it off.
The great thing is I already had a set of ten "Booger Brushes" and it didn't take long to put them to use although it has taken a life time to master them.

Roderick
John Lennig

Post by John Lennig »

well now, got sidetracked, emailing Roderick, San Diego, and all....
Probably all know this trick, it's nose related....nose grease, ya, when ya make a boo boo while lettering, firstly, wipe it away with rag, then RUB that rag upside your nose, pick up a bit o Grease, and you gots the cleaner, wipe the spot, then, to sterilize it all, ready to touch up, a bit o spit on the rag...different spot, ya, and you've wiped it clean. Kind of like a delete button, but your nose is ALWAYS on, I hope!

John Lennig / SignRider
"You spelled it wrong!"