Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Vegas Sign Graveyard....

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Doug Fielder

Vegas Sign Graveyard....

Post by Doug Fielder »

I am going to Las Vegas from Feb 22 to the 2nd I think. Anyway, I am wondering if anyone knows where the sign graveyard is and if there are any shops I should consider visiting while I am out there. I am not a gambler and would rather enjoy being outdoors while I am there (Since it was -15 F here last week).

Thanks a bunch...
Doug F.
FALLOUT Grafix
Port St Lucie, FL

Formerly from NJ, Formerly from VT,
Formerly from SF, CA, Formerly from NC,
Formerly from CO, FINALLY settled in FL!
Roderick Treece

Post by Roderick Treece »

Doug,
Call a friend of mine and he will tell you where it is.Robert Curry 1 702 384 85 87.He owns a art and sign studio there.As for the outdoors do not miss red rock canyon,It is just to the east of las vegas and it is one of the most beutiful places I know.It's just a half hour from the strip.If you call me I'll tell you where a water fall is.There is also a great motel up there called bonny springs.Cheap rooms and it has the most amazing veiws of the canyons 760 943 9299
Roderick
Doug Fielder

Post by Doug Fielder »

Thanks Roderick....

Awsome tips, I will be sure to call your friend and also you. You are only 2 hours away no? I'd love to swing down and meet you and see your stuff. I also remember Geet Faulkner was talking about a meet around then????? I'd love to meet him and check out his stuff too.....
Anyway, thank you again.
Doug F.
FALLOUT Grafix
Port St Lucie, FL

Formerly from NJ, Formerly from VT,
Formerly from SF, CA, Formerly from NC,
Formerly from CO, FINALLY settled in FL!
Roderick Treece

Post by Roderick Treece »

Doug,
If you mean "Iam I two hours from Vegas" It's more like 8.I called my friend Bobby and told him you might be calling.
Roderick