Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Best of two situations

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Best of two situations

Post by Mike Jackson »

Hi all,
Back in November, I mentioned getting a treadmill so I could get my one hour walk in all winter. That turned out to be a good choice, as it has been an unusually big snow year. There aren't a lot of existing sidewalks or areas to walk except in the roads. I don't like walking a long way in my snow boots and my jogging shoes would be soaked in a few minutes.

On another note, I have a monthly subscription to www.lynda.com which shows lots of 4-7 minute Quick Time training clips on a huge list of software programs. I watch them as often as I can, but it sometimes seems I am wasting "production" time sitting in front of the computer. Unfortunately, the clips require you to close the last clip and then click on another one. It would be nice if they had an "autoplay this section" option.

The treadmill folds up out of the way for most of the day, but when I use it, I am basically in front of the TV and also Tyler's XP computer. I've tried watching the small clips on his computer, but I have to jump off the treadmill and go click a new movie. Yesterday, I finally went to Staples looking for some sort of wireless or lazer mouse so I could control the mouse movements and clicks from about 6 feet. I decided to go low tech and just bought a 6' mouse extension cable, then set it up next to the treadmill. I used it today and overall it worked slick. The one hour walk seemed to go much faster than normal and I got to review an hour of clips teaching me how to use Photoshop. I wish I had done this back in November!

Mike
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
cam bortz

Post by cam bortz »

Well, somebody must be getting all our snow! January was the warmest on record here. We had a couple of small snows before Christmas but since then it's been 40s - 50s. Feb. promises to be colder, we'll see...
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

Hi Cam,
For people who enjoy the outdoors with lots of snow, we have it this year. Darla and Corey are really enjoying it, and it is pretty good for photography. The photo above is taken out the back door with snow piled up on the picnic table and the trampline. The three mule deer hang around and empty the bird feeders about as fast as I can fill them.

It took me almost a week to figure out that it wasn't the finches and sparrows emptying the feeders. They finally appeared in the middle of the day, licking it dry each time.
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons