Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

The best tool in my shop for glass chipping......

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Bob Rochon

The best tool in my shop for glass chipping......

Post by Bob Rochon »

Is my antique coal stove!

Recently I have been chipping panels for my own shop, I have tried the dehumidifier, I've tried the heat lamp, I've tried natural sun, but nothing can even touch the coal stove.

I won't even use the dehumidifier anymore and the heat lamp has been hung up to collect dust.

I had panels I left for 3 days due to warm weather and a busy schedule I did not have time for glass. I fired up the Coal Stove one afternoon and it was like I plugged the glass into a socket. Within a short time the glass was a flying :)

I know every shop is different, but in my shop with the old wodden floors and the moisture coming right up from the ground a dehumidifier won't even touch the humidity in my shop.

Kinda sets the mood for the whole process as well.

Enjoy!
"Some People's Kids"