Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Boise workshop was good

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Russ McMullin

Boise workshop was good

Post by Russ McMullin »

Noel Weber and John Studden did a great job with the Boise workshop. Each participant did 4 project pieces, and each project used different techniques. I was amazed how much we accomplished in 3 days. Only finishing touches are needed on three of my pieces. The fourth project will require more effort, but I feel good about what I brought home. It was a good group and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Here is the link to about 250 photos I took:

http://www.russpix.com/boise2006/index.htm
Dan Seese

Post by Dan Seese »

Russ,
Good to hear from you.
I was just heading off to bed and saw your post.
Wow, wish I could have joined you guys. Looks like a great intimate group - working with and learning from the very best.
Thanks for sharing these pictures.
Dan
Raymond Chapman

Thanks Russ

Post by Raymond Chapman »

WOW! What a great looking group. There was a tremendous amount of talent there....and a lot of inspiration on the walls. Just one more thing to put on my "List of things to do".

What a thrill it must be to learn from the very best.
vance galliher

boise

Post by vance galliher »

Thanks Russ for taking the time for the photo work !
Robin Sharrard

Post by Robin Sharrard »

Wow! Thanks for sharing all the photos Russ. Looks like everyone had a great time with lots of take home inspiration to proudly hand on their own walls. Robin
Robin Sharrard
Sharrard Graphics & Signs
Fallon,Nevada
William Holohan

Thanks

Post by William Holohan »

Russ,
Thanks for the pics. Would love to have been there. I read an article in a 2003 Sign Builder mag that mentioned John Studden's loose leaf "tear and slap" method of applying loose leaf to glass. Tried it, but couldn't get it right. Your sequential pics of John doing his magic was like a private lesson. Went and tried it just now. Got it right thanks to your pics. This type of pic set is invaluable to those of us that can't make it to these type of terrific events. Going out to my little practice room and trying the reverse sponge blends now. Special thanks to the do'ers in the pics.
Thanks again.
John Lennig

Post by John Lennig »

Thanks, Russ, for all that work! I'll be calling you in a few days, to hear all about it.
Next Workshop is??? LOL,sooner or later, i'm going to get there!

John
"You spelled it wrong!"
Patrick Mackle

Post by Patrick Mackle »

Russ,
Thank you for taking such a great collection of pictures! This is a wonderful archive for members that couldn't attend to return to and draw upon.
I appreciate the time you spent putting this together. I know that I will be returning to view them again.

Pat
Larry White

How big is Classic Design Studio?...

Post by Larry White »

It's so big, that they have a 240 sq.ft. room for the sink! Wow what a great facility for doin' whatever would come to mind. I'd be tempted to board up the front windows and doors, and come in the back and play all day....everyday.

What a great workshop! Wow! When you take it, be prepared to work! There ain't no slack time. A new demo happened about every hour. How the true masters do it. I know I added many interesting tricks and techniques that will aid my work! For a novice or intermediate, the amount of information could be overwhelming, but it's well paced and time is alloted to execute each new treatment to get hands on experience. Whether up in Boise or down in Valencia, anyone interested in expanding their knowledge of this craft, should take this wonderful workshop.

Thanks Noel & John!! See you guys soon!

-Larry White
Kelly Thorson

Sorry I missed it.

Post by Kelly Thorson »

I'm sorry I had to miss it. It looks to have been a great experience. Thanks for documenting it Russ. Great pics. :)
I believe there is no shame in failure. Rather, the shame lies in the loss of all the things that might have been, but for the fear of failure.