Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

LEAFING FIRETRUCK LETTERS

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Bobbie Rochow

LEAFING FIRETRUCK LETTERS

Post by Bobbie Rochow »

How do you price lettering the leaf on a fire truck? This truck has only lettering on the doors, no symbols. The rest will be reflective striping.

Also, I have looked closely at their tanker truck & noticed that the genuine leaf letters are outlined in a very dark blue (is it that prussian blue you old timers talk about?), & then black. BUT....around the whole grouping of these letters, there appears to be a "clear shield" of sorts, layed over it. I can feel it sticking out like a clear vinyl shield, or could it be that they cut a mask out around the work, then rolled on some clear coat , let it set up, then pulled the surrounding mask off?

One more question....I am supposing I should use slow size? Or will quick size do ok, with the engine turn, & the clear coat over it?

Thank you so much!