Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Jack Daniels font critique

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Russ McMullin

Jack Daniels font critique

Post by Russ McMullin »

Some of you may have already seen my post on Letterville regarding this topic. Someone was looking for a font based on the Jack Daniel's logo, and they weren't able to find one. I wasn't able to find one either, so I took it as a challenge to make my own. Here is what I have so far:

I'm using Adobe Illustrator and Fontographer. Comments and critiques are welcome. Thanks.
Roderick Treece

Post by Roderick Treece »

Hi Russ,
Looks great to me.I don't drink that stuff but the font looks good.What is Fontographer?

Roderick
Russ McMullin

Post by Russ McMullin »

Fontographer is one of several font creation tools. I've actually owned it for many years, but only recently dusted it off to create some fonts.
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

Nice tight looking font Russ....am I correct in thinking fontographer is actually for assembling the font rather than an aid in digitizing? All said I think I'll have to get me a bottle 'o' that!