New Members and Using the Search Feature

An interactive section of TheLetterheads.com

Topics include: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Off Topic Posts may be deleted at the discretion of the web hosts. ABSOLUTELY NO SHARING OF COPYRIGHTED FONTS, CLIP ART, or VIDEOS!

Please take social chit-chat elsewhere!

Moderators: Mike Jackson, Kent Smith, Sarah Schwartz, Danny Baronian

Mike Jackson
Site Admin

New Members and Using the Search Feature

Post by Mike Jackson » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:46 am

Hello Forum Readers,
There are several features available to MEMBERS on this site, once you have registered and LOGGED IN.

First MEMBERS can check out the MEMBERLIST and correspond with each other through the PRIVATE MESSAGES feature. This feature keeps your email addiress out of the public view, and keeps the bots from data mining.

Any MEMBER can use the SEARCH engine to get information 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, and 365 days a year without making a post, or without having to wait for someone to respond to their questions. To use the SEARCH engine, click on the button near the top of the page. The SEARCH engine is a fairly powerful tool, allowing you to gather combinations of terms to further refine your search. For example, typing in ETCH with get quite a few responses. Typing in SANDBLAST will result in quite a few different responses. Typing in ETCH OR SANDBLAST will get all of both. Typing in ETCH AND SANDBLAST will result in posts in which both terms were used somewhere within the SAME post.

A couple of years ago, several of volunteers captured all the old posts from the OLD Forum into new posts on this NEW Forum. Having done that, the SEARCH engine now has a chance to find information going back to the very first days of the HAND LETTERING FORUM.

NEW MEMBERS are encouraged to both use the SEARCH engine and also make posts with both questions and answers.

Anyone considering joining this Forum should remember to be patient. We get roughly 50 "bot" registrations daily. Danny Baronian goes through them daily and deletes all the ones that look bogus, so please remember to use your full name. Please fill in some information in the member PROFILE that makes it apparent you are interested in any of the topics. Even after registering, one of the administrators must activate your account. That might take a day or two, depending on how busy we are and how apparent it is you are a legitimate registrant. Also, new members should remember this forum is free to use, made up of people in business for themselves. No one is paid to staff the Forum and answer your questions. There are no guarantees that any post will be answered, nor are there any guarantees it will be answered in a time span that will fill your needs.
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons

Dale Johnson

Re: New Members and Using the Search Feature

Post by Dale Johnson » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi Mike,
I am an old timey sign painter just trying to make a comeback. I love doing it, along with pinstriping. I am not good enough to sell anything yet but I am having fun at trying to regain my touch. I am still sort of old fashioned but will try and get with it in the near future. I am loving this website and gaining so much knowledge from it. Please keep up the good work.

Thanks, Dale Johnson

Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:54 pm

This new version of the Hand Lettering Forum works like the previous version.

Just type in a word in the search box and hit the magnifying glass icon.

Try searching Angel Gild !

Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons

Stéphane Enjolras

Post by Stéphane Enjolras » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:07 am

Hi everyone,
My name is Stephane, I'm 47 and I'm living in Lyon, France. I'm in graphic design for 30 years now, learning the job computers, teatching graphic design,typo to students at univesity and I'm now start a new life by converting as a sign painter. I did some sign here, training since 2014 with flat brushes and acrylic paint at first, now with real sign painter's item. Hard to found help in France because the real sign painter ar retired or dead. so I expect founding help and tips here.
Steph
P-S : sorry for my school level english.