Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Looking to outsource design? I have the guy for you...

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Jay Allen

Looking to outsource design? I have the guy for you...

Post by Jay Allen »

Looking for a great designer – for signs or other needs? Need to seek out contract design work rather than hire someone new? Want quality and experience without the steep price of employment? I’ve got one darn good idea for you.

As many of you may know, some Letterheads raised a pretty nice sum of money two years ago to financially assist Ray and Renata Guzman – longtime Letterheads – as Renata was going through some very serious cancer treatments. Well, the cancer has left some unwanted side effects – and Renata has been experiencing some seizures from some very small lesions on her brain. As such, Ray must have her with him almost 24/7.

That need to have Renata close by at all times really handcuffs Ray’s ability to search out new work, go to meetings, etc. So the best thing that can be done – in my opinion – is to feed him work that he can design at home – with his wife nearby. Now, for those who know Ray’s design work, you don’t need to hear me brag him up. But for those who do not know his work, well, start with this website: www.brainwazestudio.com

Ray has a number of design awards for his work – and his ability to do illustrations, graphic design, product branding, etc. makes him one valuable guy for the right sign or design companies. His email is rayboot8@verizon.net The Guzman’s live in Hoboken, NJ – and you definitely want to send him projects requiring real talent.

Renata is improving slowly – but the steady stream of doctor’s appointments and testing take their toll on Ray’s ability to function efficiently. If efficiency can come from working at home, then their life gets a little easier. Wouldn’t that be great to see happen? And you’d benefit also!!

So, please consider bringing on one of the best ‘hired guns’ to give your special projects a boost. As you can see by his work, Ray is amazing. I can also tell you this, he’s not only talented and has my respect as a designer, but he’s truly a man to like as a friend – and love as a brother.

So keep him in the back of your mind when thinking about future projects – and the two of them in your prayers. It sure can’t hurt . . .

P.S. – Ray is also selling some of his fine art paintings. Parts of the proceeds are also donated back to a cancer advocacy group. So take a look there at http://www.rayguzmanstudios.com/
Last edited by Jay Allen on Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kent Smith

design

Post by Kent Smith »

Great idea Jay. Ray and Renata are two very special people and deserving of our support.
Jay Allen

Post by Jay Allen »

They really are great people, Kent. And they are not unlike everyone else involved with Letterheads - deserving of the support of their chosen 'community'. We did some great things before - maybe we can again.

It's Ray and Renata this time. Next time, it could be any one of us or our fellow Letterheads. Wouldn't it be comforting to know we are all part of a profession that watches out for its own?

Hey - we already are!!
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Ray, Renata and there son Noah visited Torquay in 1994. They spent a week with me and my family ,they are such great people to have around you. we had a fun week of showing them around our town.
I plan to go and see them next year while over that way.
Rays art and design work is incredilble. I will try to help and give support Jay.
Dave
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

Hi Jay...am having ongoing trouble linking to Ray's "brainwaze" page....is it me? I sure wouldn't doubt that!! Am dying to see what the big guy is up to!
Dennis Davis

Post by Dennis Davis »

Doug,

I had to Google Ray's name to find his site. You can view it here http://www.rayguzmanstudios.com/.
Dennis Davis
Boise, Idaho
Jay Allen

Post by Jay Allen »

OOPS!!!! - I added an 's' on studios. The correct website address is www.brainwazestudio.com

My bad - but thanks all for any interest shown. You'd be doing yourself - and the Guzman's - a great favor.

And you know that helping others makes good things happen to you too!! (Not the least of which is feeling good about helping someone else!!)

Thanks again for your kindness and support.....
Jay Allen

Post by Jay Allen »

.... bump