Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Gorilla Glue on Glass

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Robert Schwieger

Gorilla Glue on Glass

Post by Robert Schwieger »

Recently while reclaiming screens I noticed an area with a photo stencil that begged to be printed before stretching new fabric. Without any guidance I squeegeed Gorilla Glue, in the traditional manner for screenprinting, onto a piece of scrap glass. It dries fairly fast and does expand slightly but produced a good image for a filagree pattern. I gilded this in the usual manner when the glue was dry. It held the gild nicely with excellent contrast. I know that this could be done with more traditional materials (damar/gel, etc) but it was good to see another method. The downside of course is that the stencil does not clean up unless there is some solvent out there that will do the job. It appears that one advantage would be that one can produce fine linear patterns that may not be appropriate for computer cut vinyl. Experimenting is always recommended. Bob