Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Gelatine size

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Jerry Berg

Gelatine size

Post by Jerry Berg »

I'm looking for a supplier locally where I can get gelatine size. Anybody know where to get it in the portland, oregon area?
It would be nice to be able to go pick some up when ever I am in need instead of ordering on line.
I've been trying to order some from the letterhead sign supply and they have been out for a while now. I tried to get on
thier site this morning and the site won't come up for some season as well. I am tempted to get some from the local market
but was wanting to get a purer gelatine. Will the generic market brand variety give me as good of results?

Thanks much, Jerry
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

I've heard the gelatin available from the baking section in a grocery store is of excellent quality. I believe it will be in sheets with small perforated diamonds,