Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

New Airbrush

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Leo Calleros

New Airbrush

Post by Leo Calleros »

I have a large collection of pretty much every airbrush made and my favorites for doing more fine art kind of stuff are my Iwatas but for doing any sign type of painting, I always favored my Paasche single action since there really isnt much need for too much paint flow variation.

Well, I ordered a couple of cheapo single action gravity feed airbrushes from tcpglobal.com on Ebay by the brand name Master and I gotta say, it is great. I love it.

I gave one to a sign painter friend that has always swore by Iwata and after using it he ordered a few more to become his primary airbrush. Not because its such a better airbrush, but because its a better bush for sign painting and such.

When coupled with a moisture filter that screws to the air inlet, it is so comfy and easy to use. The paint flow can be controlled by a simple turn of a control knob in the rear. Its just a pleasure to use because it makes it a lot easier to use.

For bigger stuff where I need a lot of paint and a jar, I still love my paasche single action but for everything else I have switched exclusively to the Master single action.

Here is a picture of one.

http://images.tcpglobal.com/mas/masg36%5B02%5D.JPG

I bought mine off Ebay from them because hey are 40 dollars there as opposed to 60 on the website.

Just a heads up to anyone interested, it made things easier for me.