Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Dimensional Tattoo Sign

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Aaron Taylor

Dimensional Tattoo Sign

Post by Aaron Taylor »

This was built from 1" HDU router cut with textures then hand lettered/painted. After all painting was complete I use a grey black glaze and "dirty ed" it up. After applying the glaze and ragging off it looked to muddy, so I used some citrus spray on a rag and polished the high areas of the sign. First time I have tried this and it seemed to work nicely. It was very scary to apply a mud looking glaze over a prefect looking sign. Very fun! See slow times are good for learning and trying new techniques!

Aaron
Brix Design