Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Corafoam Adhesives testing

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Bill Masters

Re: Corafoam Adhesives testing

Post by Bill Masters »

What is PL Premium and where do you get it from.
David Harding

Post by David Harding »

PL Premium is a construction adhesive that comes in caulking tubes. I've gotten it at Lowe's and I think, Home Depot. It's phenomenally strong. I use it when gluing limestone sign panels to backgrounds since the acetic acid in silicone attacks the limestone causing premature failure. PL will yellow in UV exposure so be sure to clean up any excess or paint it. The only failure I had was applying Granite to bare Aluminum. After talking to PL, they told me the Aluminum needs to be finished before PL is used.

There's nothing like following directions. What a concept!
David M. Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX
www.asignx.com
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

Thought it would be good to make an addition to all of the tested and above. Have a double sided sign in Corafoam coming and wanted to see how it would hold up to aluminum for the install, so I cut a grove/slot in it large enuf to accept an aluminum "L" bracket and used some PL Premium in the slot as adhesive. Next day tried, and I emphasis the "tried" part, to get them apart. No chance.....the raw aluminum and corafoam are now one and the same. I think I'd easily trust this joint with time.