Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Natural hair brushes and the U.S. parks and wildlife

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Leo Calleros

Natural hair brushes and the U.S. parks and wildlife

Post by Leo Calleros »

Ok, a friend and myself ordered brushes this last week from Wrights of Lymm and A.S. Handover. I get my first order no prob last Friday and like the brushes a lot so Monday comes and we both place orders for more brushes.

Well, he gets a call today from Fedex and was told that is package was seized by the US parks and wildlife ad he could not get it until he got a license from them at the cost of 100 dollars for just the application. I think the actual license is more.

Anyone here even heard of anything like this??? Because I would like to know if so.
Last edited by Leo Calleros on Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dennis Davis

Re: Natural hair brushes and the U.S. parks and wildlife

Post by Dennis Davis »

Must be time to lodge a complaint with his local congressman or senator. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Dennis
Dennis Davis
Boise, Idaho
Brian the Brush UK

Post by Brian the Brush UK »

Hi Leo,
I'm a traditional signwriter here in the UK and use Wrights of Lymm for supplies all the time, I will contact them on Monday and see if I can find any information that might help,

Kind regards,
Brian.
www.brianthebrushuk.com
With a stroke more imagination.
Leo Calleros

Post by Leo Calleros »

Sorry to all those I offended by making my original post into part rant about the incident. I was in no way implying anything bad about handover or Wrights of Lymm, I loved their brushes a lot so I ordered one of each quill that Handover offers and a lot from wrights of Lymm, as well. Just wanted to know more than anything if this has happened to any one else.

I edited to be less offensive.

DID try to reach the fish and Wildlife but its hard to get answers from them and it was getting late on the friday. I have nothing at all against the stores, just found it absurd that this was happening, thats all.

Again, I apologize.
Danny Baronian
Site Admin

Post by Danny Baronian »

If anyone knows a US source of brushes from Wrights of Lymm and A.S. Handover, please post it here.
Danny Baronian
Baronian Mfg.
CNC Routing & Fabrication
http://www.baronian.com