Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Glorious glass

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Catharine C. Kennedy

Glorious glass

Post by Catharine C. Kennedy »

Bobbie Rackow sent these to me last night, and my photos don't come close to doing these justice- they are truly magnificent pieces! She's been going full speed ahead after taking the Studden-Webber course at Boise and there are lots of "firsts" in these... Well done, Kid![img
Attachments
Perfume.jpg
Perfume.jpg (51.88 KiB) Viewed 3895 times
Cat.jpg
Cat.jpg (24.63 KiB) Viewed 3892 times
Catharine C. Kennedy
Chatham Center, NY
Kelly Thorson

Re: Glorious glass

Post by Kelly Thorson »

Well done Bobbie. The cat looks good in black. :)
I believe there is no shame in failure. Rather, the shame lies in the loss of all the things that might have been, but for the fear of failure.
Bobbie Rochow

Post by Bobbie Rochow »

Thank you Kelly, the cat is actually brown, the chipping was done in mica powders, my first experiment with them, & a gem in the center of the C.

The perfume words were done in 23 K, the florishes around the cameo in 12 k. Danny acid etched the perfume letters for me, then sent me the glass to finish. He did a very nice job of it!

I am so glad you like them Cat!
Roderick Treece

Post by Roderick Treece »

Very nice work.How is the back ground on the perfume done ?

roderick
Bobbie Rochow

Post by Bobbie Rochow »

I used a sponge on the background Roderick. I still need some practice at it, & more Smith's Cream with it too, I think I tried to cover too much area all at once & it was setting up on me fast. I guess the next time I will try my airbrush. I haven't tried that on glass yet. So many things to try!

Thank you.