Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Blending Background

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Blending Background

Post by Guest »

Can anyone recommend some good resourses, like books or maybe even videos on techniques on hand lettering and blending backgrounds. I know you use Smiths Blending Cream but haven't got a clue to anything else.

Started doing my first water gilding today and really excited about wanting to learn more.

Hey by the way I have a bunch of pro video cameras and gear, maybe one of you pros might want to get together one day and make some training DVD's....never know!

Thanks,

Steve Gustine
S&H
Larry White

Blended backgrounds and letter shades...

Post by Larry White »

Steve-
I took an old post off of the old bulletin board and created a Signmaking 101 topic on blended backgrounds and blended shades. It should be a start to answering some of you questions

There is a wealth of information on the old board, it would just take a bit of time to comb through it all.
Last edited by Larry White on Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry White
That's enough for now... it's gettin' late
Town Of Machine
http://www.walljewelry.com
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

Larry, Feel free to go back to your original post on the old BB and copy the information from that post into the new post. Or, better yet, create a new Thread called Signmaking 101: Blended Backgrounds on this Forum.

This offer is also good to anyone seeing a post on the old BB that should be on this new Forum. I have already done it on a few, but there are so many!

Mike
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons