Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Good Glass Gilder in Missouri Needed

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Jim Harris

Good Glass Gilder in Missouri Needed

Post by Jim Harris »

ASSISTANCE NEEDED!
I have a customer that is in the sign business in Missouri--Zip Code 63010 who requires a Glass Gilder to restore a piece of glass for one of his customers. The glass measures about 7" X 60" for reference.

If the Conclave or Forum can recommend a good Glass Gilder in that area, it would be appreciated. I will then forward that information to my customer.

Thanks for your assistance,

Jim Harris Golden Leaf Products
www.goldenleafproducts.com
Jim Harris
Phone: 360 980 1855
Golden Leaf Products
Email: jim.harris@goldenleafproducts.com
http://www.goldenleafproducts.com
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Re: Good Glass Gilder in Missouri Needed

Post by Mike Jackson »

Hi Jim,
You might want to be more specific. Is the glass mounted in a place that requires the sign artist to have to go there? Can it be done in a studio? Are they willing to drive it to someone? Can they take photos of the piece (and post it here) so someone could have an idea of the amount and caliber of work being required? Are they willing to spend the money to have it done right?

Good luck,
Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Jim Harris

Re: Good Glass Gilder in Missouri Needed

Post by Jim Harris »

First of all, I would like to thank Mike Jackson for jumping in and advising me that a lot of additional information is needed before anyone would consider doing this Gold Leaf Job. I am not a gilder, just a Gold Leaf Sales Guy and have a lot to learn.

With regards to my previous post, the sign company has responded back with the following information:
Hey Jim
Here is a picture along with the dimensions for the sign.
I could supply the glass but I doubt it would be feasible for me to do so unless we find a guilder near St. Louis so I am thinking that the guilder would need to supply the glass.
The finished piece would need to be crated and sent to me in Arnold Missouri 63010(address to follow)
My client is looking for a quality piece so I would like this piece to be someone's best work.
If anyone would like to give me an option for a simple metal frame around this piece I would consider that also.
The gold leaf lettering is very smooth with very little notice of any overlapping.

As far as shipping the old glass to them, I would rather do a full scale drawing and either send them that or I can send them an electronic file via e-mail and they can print it. I am able to send any file type the guilder would need.
As far as the freight, we ship sand blasted and carved glass pcs all over the country and yes, we have to build crates and pack things very good to protect the glass.
It may help to if we have our shipper pick up the piece and bring it to us but the guilder would need to build the crate for sure.

If anyone is interested in doing this job or needs more information, please give me your request at jim.harris@goldenleafproducts.com. I will pass your contact information to the sign company and get out of the loop.

There should be a photo attached? No idea if I did it correctly?

Thanks,
Attachments
Beiser Sign-Reduced.jpg
Beiser Sign-Reduced.jpg (35.35 KiB) Viewed 2018 times
Jim Harris
Phone: 360 980 1855
Golden Leaf Products
Email: jim.harris@goldenleafproducts.com
http://www.goldenleafproducts.com