Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Pin Ball Glass ART

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Roderick Treece

Pin Ball Glass ART

Post by Roderick Treece »

I talked to a friend in Fresno that does screen printing on glass for Pin Ball Machines. Check this one out. I think he said it was 51 defferent screens.

Wade Crouse
Attachments
beat+back+glass.jpg
beat+back+glass.jpg (240 KiB) Viewed 7194 times
Ron Berlier

Re: Pin Ball Glass ART

Post by Ron Berlier »

Rod -

Wow! I wouldn't have wanted to make sure that "51" different screens had to be in 'exact' registration. Bet that was a bit nerve racking. :lol:
Ron Berlier
Wherever I go, there I am.
erik winkler

Post by erik winkler »

I would just print it on a flatbed printer. :o
http://www.dip-tech.com/SiteFiles/1/294/1613.asp

Erik
Realizing we are in the 2nd renaissance of the arts.
Learn, copy and trying to improve...
Still in the learning phase ;-)
Amsterdam Netherlands
www.ferrywinkler.nl
www.schitterend.eu
www.facebook.com/Schitterend.eu
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Rod. Excellent job. imagine trying to print those many colours. How many panels were printed for a job like this.
Thanks for sending that mirroring job to me.
Dave
Roderick Treece

Winky,
Go on then ! Do it ! ,Keep thinkin like that. Just go push some damm button for all I care . It won't get ya any respect.
I can hear it now , Man that Winky he pushes a button like nobody else I know. I can hear all those old pinball glass painters rollin in their graves !
Just don't try showin up at the end of the line with thoughts like that on yer mind.

Dave,
I think he said 35 maybe. Glad you finally go tone I sent you. At some point I will be owed such a huge commission that you can afford to fly me over first class !

The Kid
erik winkler

Post by erik winkler »

Start painting the glass by hand than. And I mean with your fingers, brushes are to easy. You can start in a cave :wink:
The only thing I know is that the panel you showed me is nice, but not so special that it can not be done in a quicker way. Do not blame the messenger.

At this moment I finished handcutting my screened panel, it took me 9 hours (and I am quick handcutter I can asure you).
After this, some mica etching, then some glue chipping, then a second screen, handcut aprox. 4 hours, silver it and then a third screen to back up my gilding....
And this is only one of two equal panels I am doing at the same time.
If I could, I would try and save myself some time, but with this work I can not.

Please do not be so aggresive Rod.
Realizing we are in the 2nd renaissance of the arts.
Learn, copy and trying to improve...
Still in the learning phase ;-)
Amsterdam Netherlands
www.ferrywinkler.nl
www.schitterend.eu
www.facebook.com/Schitterend.eu
Jerry Berg

Post by Jerry Berg »

Rod, did your friend do the artwotk as well? Thats a lot of work as well.
Roderick Treece

Sorry Winky,Next I'll use one of those big smily face things at the end with a BIG LOVE heart to show I was only givin ya a hard time. Someone has to help keep those kind of thought out of your head .

Jerry, someome else did the artwork www.dirtydonny.com
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Rod she thought it would be around £120.00 my quote was higher.
I think she was in fairy land but thanks anyway mate.
Dave
Anthony Bennett

Post by Anthony Bennett »

Cool piece Rod,
Henry Contreras

Post by Henry Contreras »

Wade Krause is a very good friend of mine. He is a true craftsman and does what it takes to make things come out awesome. He and Dirty Donny did the pinball game together. Donny doing all the artwork and Wade doing all the production. This game is a one off (that's right they only made one) for James Hetfield. The lead singer of Metallica. It based off the Carclub that James is in. It's there second pinball machine they made for him. The first being a Metallica pinball machine (yes, they only made one of that one too)
They took a Elvira pinball machine and completly stripped it down. the playfield, the plasitcs, the cabinet etc,..
It was a completly blank mahcine. Donny figured out all the art and how it was all going to come together. Wade did all the seperations, and screen printing. screen printing all the plastics and cutting part with a CNC machine. It was one . of a project. It's something you have to see in person to understand just how insane this project was.
Wade has been a pinball geek as long as I've known him, some twenty plus years.
Here's a link to some picture that Dity Donny posted

http://www.gigposters.com/forums/anythi ... nball.html