Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Hand Painted Sign Collection

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Prank Williams

Hand Painted Sign Collection

Post by Prank Williams »

I know I'm new here, and I'm new in the lettering game as well, but I have been doing design work and art for a while now... I've started a collection of hand painted signs and thought some of you may be interested:

http://handpainted.tumblr.com

Check it out and if you want to submit some photos from your city, or some of your own work, please do!
Prank Williams

Re: Hand Painted Sign Collection

Post by Prank Williams »

unfortunately, i live in los angeles....and along with that comes the fact that 99% of the current photos are just from me biking around shooting, so i would love to get some stuff from other places, and i have to say...i have been absolutely amazed by some of the work i have seen while trolling around this forum.
Patrick Mackle

Post by Patrick Mackle »

Haha, I see you look deep into the treasures that can be magnified on shorpy, as I took the exact same crop shot of the "STAG" rates signs, recognized it immediately! I have "walked" (actually moused) many of those long ago streets till the wee morning hours finding great sign treasures. I only wish they posted more photos taken inside those establishments, especially sign shops and pharmacies.
"Hand Painted" bumper stickers should be issued. All in favor signify by saying YEAH!! (inpiration by Neil Young, Stars and Strips album)
Prank Williams

Post by Prank Williams »

when given the opportunity, i will explore some of the insides of any old place i can...i am now in the habit of looking at every sign and window i see just to make sure i dont miss something great....im thinking there may be some gems in some of the old buildings downtown.
Patrick Mackle

Post by Patrick Mackle »

Hi Prank,
You mentioned taking pictures "downtown". What area are you close to? I don't see your location in your profile.
Pat
Prank Williams

Post by Prank Williams »

Patrick Mackle wrote:Hi Prank,
You mentioned taking pictures "downtown". What area are you close to? I don't see your location in your profile.
Pat
currently in los angeles, echo park to be specific.