Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Tired of 1 Shot (3-5 Shot)....

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Doug Fielder

Tired of 1 Shot (3-5 Shot)....

Post by Doug Fielder »

Try this out....

http://www.williamsburgoilpaint.bizland ... /index.htm

REAL PAINT the way it was made back in the olden days. I have seen signs done 50+ years ago and they look better than some signs done 3 years ago!

This might be what the doctor ordered.

--------------------
Doug Fielder
Fallout Grafix
PO Box 185
Montpelier, VT 05602
802-598-9529

The Jersey boy painting the Northland!
Roderick Treece

Post by Roderick Treece »

Doug,
Thanks for the post and the web link.
it is hard to find traditionaly made paint and I think It will be a great source.
As for one shot and sign painting, due to the limited palet (colors) most sign artists have traditionally adjusted thier palet to make up for the lack of colors offered by one shot.When at some point you can't find that just right color you can pull out the oils or universal tints and mix your favorite flavor.
When one is painting you have to use all the nessasary mediums to acomplish the task.
I have a complete line of one shot and love useing them.They dry fast and cover great.I love the smell.And besides my dads kit (about 60 years old is color matched to it).
Die hard one shot shot fan

Roderick