Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

DIY Silvering Gun

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Ismael Alvarado

DIY Silvering Gun

Post by Ismael Alvarado »

Ok guys, finaly I was able to get a decent Camara, this will be a how to of a Silvering Gun on a budget, the gun you see in the bellow pics are about 1 year old, so they need to be replaced now.. :cry: , but the one hand held bracket its where the magic is.. :wink:

for now just pics, soon I will be uploading videos of a fresh set doing its magic... 8)

enjoy
Image Image Image Image

I will be making a paint drawing of how the bracket works..
Anthony Bennett

Re: DIY Silvering Gun

Post by Anthony Bennett »

I missed this post, this is looking interesting.
Look forward to seeing the diagram of the bracket.
Ismael Alvarado

Anthony Bennett wrote:I missed this post, this is looking interesting.
Look forward to seeing the diagram of the bracket.
I promise I will be drawing that diagram soon.. :cry: but here have a look at my Refreshed Silvering set up

Here a new pair of chromed finished mexican made Detail guns(10 dollars each) with the same braket, but this time the braket was Chromed...:D

Image Image Image Image Image

I try to shoot a video of this baby working ASAP..:o the bluish tint is just the lighting seting of the camara
Billie DeBekker

Post by Billie DeBekker »

Now the true question.. How well does it work. Inquiring minds want to know.
Ismael Alvarado

William DeBekker wrote:Now the true question.. How well does it work. Inquiring minds want to know.
Quite well I would say... :mrgreen: but sinse it the ONLY silvering gun in nicaragua I can't compare it to the real deals... :lol: I now I have to clean them well and that they don't last too long but they do their job well and their price can't be beaten, except for the hand held hand sprayers... :wink: