Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Artistic License

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Steven Vigeant

Artistic License

Post by Steven Vigeant »

As some of you may know I have been a candidate for full membership to Artistic License.org which is made up of primarily high-end architectural restoration craftspeople, with Victorian and Arts & Crafts period leanings. They are very much like architectural letterheads sharing tips and keeping the crafts alive etc. About a year ago I made a presentation to the members which made the case that the techniques of vintage sign work were sufficiently architectural and historical to be considered along with the other trades. I was able to make an awesome presentation thanks to the pictures I used from David Smith, Mark Oatis, Larry White, Danny Baronian, Noel Weber & Doug Bernhardt. It was terrific and many people mentioned to me that they had no idea that there was so much quality and architectural sensitivity involved with sign work. I recently made a presentation of my own work and was accepted to full membership in January. It would be a long list to thank everyone but I proudly remember hundreds of helpful moments from so many of you, starting with Rick Glawson and Kent Smith, up to the present time from participants in the Deadman, Micromeet and Conclave meetings. So, many thanks to all and thanks in advance for further times.
Please check out my member page at http://www.artisticlicense.org/members/ ... index.html
Look around at the other members pages on the site. I think most of you will be inspired by the historic style work that they do.
Larry White

Re: Artistic License

Post by Larry White »

Hey Schofe, aka His Mica in the Rain....

Why don't you post a picture of the "Artistic License" glass sign you made?

You did finish it...right?

-BB