Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Sulis. The Natural Mineral Water of Bath

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

DAVE SMITH

Sulis. The Natural Mineral Water of Bath

Post by DAVE SMITH »

I Just finished making this little glass sign today for a collector. It came in a bit of a poor state . The silver was removed and the complete design was re-drawn.
Attached a few pics plus you can see other photos here. I placed a white background in the last shot to show up the sign a bit better,the glass is half inch thick. Apparently this sign is worth alot of money.
http://davidadriansmith.com/2011/05/26/ ... sing-sign/

Dave
Original glass m.jpg
Original glass m.jpg (159.76 KiB) Viewed 5003 times
Ismael Alvarado

Re: Sulis. The Natural Mineral Water of Bath

Post by Ismael Alvarado »

Wow...that's Art... :P
Anthony Bennett

Post by Anthony Bennett »

Nice job Dave.
Thanks for sharing.
Patrick Mackle

Post by Patrick Mackle »

Dang Dave. You have such a talent! You should bottle YOUR bath water and sell it! I'd buy a bottle! Maybe I could soak in some of that talent. :lol:
Thanks for sharing,
Pat
Pat Welter

Post by Pat Welter »

Pat I second your emotion...Nice work Dave, been to Bath many years ago...extordenary place...Pat
Creativity is allowing ones self to make mistakes. Talent is knowing which ones to keep.
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Thanks lads. Yes Bath is a great place Pat, Known as the Roman City! because of it's famous Roman Baths which are all still intact. Amazing place.
These smaller intricate glass signs are almost harder to make than the more complex panels due to the cleanliness expected of the finished piece . ( no room for error)
Dave
Al_Daines

Post by Al_Daines »

What a stunning renovation and thanks for the link to your 'step by step' it helps answer a lot of questions.

Alan
Those that do not know but ask may be a fool for a day, but those who do not know and do not ask will remain fools for the rest of their lives.