Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Decorative bolt caps?

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Steven Vigeant

Decorative bolt caps?

Post by Steven Vigeant »

Happy New Year everybody!
What do you people do to cover an exposed hex nut and bolt end? I'm hoping for something that would perhaps glue or snap over the nut as opposed to threading on to the bolt end. Is there a supplier for this sort of thing. Thanks
Roderick Treece

Post by Roderick Treece »

Try a decorative wroate iron store.You may have to remake it in to what your trying to find.We could
make it for you if I knew what kind of look your going for.Also is it interior or exterior?

Roderick
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

Somewhere, in my past, I have seen some sort of plastic cover which would slip over a bolt head and also over the washer. All things considered, they didn't improve the looks, but merely covered the zinc plated lags and washers.

Depending on how thick your material is, you could always countersink a hole in the panel, then cover the hole with a round piece of enamel receptive vinyl, and paint it with matching background color.

Good luck,
Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Billy Pickett

Post by Billy Pickett »