Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Ben Sherman. Glass Gilding NYC

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

DAVE SMITH

Ben Sherman. Glass Gilding NYC

Post by DAVE SMITH »

I was recenly sent an email from Ben Sherman in NYC to gild some windows, I could not make the trip due to commitments here so I passed the work onto Bob Gomache.

Bob did a great job.

here is there link blog about our craft... hopefully these films will get out to the write people and keep this craft alive...

Hello Dave
Hope all is well - I just wanted to thank you for putting us in touch with Bob.
He was a real pleasure to work with and did a fantastic job on our holiday window.

We made a little video of the result and posted it today on our website/twitter/you tube channel
I hope you don't mind but I also decided to name check you and link to your video too as we wanted to salute your amazing talents.

http://www.bensherman.com/blog/?p=1464

ANN AKIRI - US MARKETING MANAGER
Anthony Bennett

Re: Ben Sherman. Glass Gilding NYC

Post by Anthony Bennett »

Thanks for sharing Dave.
Lovely worker.
Ron Berlier

Post by Ron Berlier »

Hi Dave, thanks for sharing with us. To bad you had to pass on a trip to the states.

Bob, nice job and for those of us who don't know you personally at least we now know what a dapper guy you are. :wink: That has to be the best holiday 'window splash' I've ever seen. :lol:

All the best for the holiday season :!:

Ron
Ron Berlier
Wherever I go, there I am.
Lee Littlewood

Post by Lee Littlewood »

But Dave, you didn't specify it had to be done with a "Smith Tip"(copyright) - then you could have used the video in your adverts...

Nice to see the Wehrung & Bilmeier (spelling?) box - are they still in business? Old-time Chicago goldbeaters
Mike Simpson

Post by Mike Simpson »

Nice job Bob. Thanks for passing this on Dave. It was good to watch.

Mike
Mike Simpson
picture framemaker and artist
http://www.mikesimpsonart.com
David Slade

Post by David Slade »

Great work Mr. Gamache!! Thank you, Dave!
Zero-tolerance computer policy!
You go Bob!!!
bob gamache

Post by bob gamache »

Hi Guys
Sorry I've been MIA lately.........been busy doing windows all over the place!

Thanks so much for the thumbs up! Thanks for hooking me up Dave, your the man!
Next time I'm accross the pond we'll have to get together and tip a few pints! (thanks Rod)

The people at the Ben Sherman company are really cool and are into the classic look!
I had to distress the gild to their liking. I left alot of open areas and cracks in the gild intentionally!

It was a fun project. I am thankful, and grateful for the opportunity to represent our craft!!! It was an honor!

I was shocked when they mentioned they were going to video tape it, but it all worked out.
They actually suited me up in Ben Sherman clothes for the shoot!!! How cool is that!
Bob Gamache