Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Mark Baty Leaves Us

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Kelly Thorson

Mark Baty Leaves Us

Post by Kelly Thorson »

A Message from Nancy Bennett,

Mark and Jeanne's daughter Melinda called and said Mark passed away today about noon. Information about services will be posted as soon as they're known.
The Batys also have two sons, Mark and Michael. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

It is to be expected that Mark is already inspecting the streets of gold for any holidays!
I never had the chance to cross paths with the Batys, but a lot of good people have spoken highly of them. My condolences to Mark's family as well as to all those of you who knew and cherished his friendship. Kel
I believe there is no shame in failure. Rather, the shame lies in the loss of all the things that might have been, but for the fear of failure.
oatis

Re: Mark Baty Leaves Us

Post by oatis »

I just read this post, and am saddened to learn of Mark's passing. He was the most enthusiastic, friendly and sharing of artists: the embodiment of a Letterhead.

I would like to send my condolences to Mark's family.

If anyone has an address, please send it to me via Mike Jackson, or post it here.

Thanks,

Mark Oatis
Doug Bernhardt

Re: Mark Baty Leaves Us

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

Another passing of one of the great talents. Have never had the chance to meet the man but certainly admired his talent and ability. Am sorry to see another loss in that ever smaller group.