Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

More on Posting a Photo on the Hand Lettering Forum

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Mike Jackson
Site Admin

More on Posting a Photo on the Hand Lettering Forum

Post by Mike Jackson »

Noel Weber was asking for more details on posting a photo on the Hand Lettering Forum. He sent me a photo by email that was way too large to post on the forum, so I reduced it in Photoshop and posted it here.

Open the image in Photoshop, then go to Image>Image Size and reduce the longest side down to around 750 pixels and save it as a new file. I usually add 750 to the end so I can find it easier.

Then, make a post and click the Browse button in the Attachments section. Find the file, and click the Add the File Button. You can add a comment in the box if desired.

Then submit the post and it should work.

Mike Jackson
Attachments
weber750.JPG
weber750.JPG (87.88 KiB) Viewed 2228 times
Including an image file into a post is no harder than attaching a file to an email. Just navigate to it using the Browse button, and then hit the Add the File button. The file comment is optional.
Including an image file into a post is no harder than attaching a file to an email. Just navigate to it using the Browse button, and then hit the Add the File button. The file comment is optional.
WeberAttach.JPG (30.38 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
750 Pixel Wide Image after being adjusted in Photoshop. The forum software will likely reject an image that is over 800 pixels.
750 Pixel Wide Image after being adjusted in Photoshop. The forum software will likely reject an image that is over 800 pixels.
NoelWeber750.jpg (96.35 KiB) Viewed 2234 times
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Lee Littlewood

Re: More on Posting a Photo on the Hand Lettering Forum

Post by Lee Littlewood »

For those who don't have Photoshop and are on an Apple (sounds like a good name for a children's book). Open your big photo in Preview, go to "Tools" in the menu bar, and down to "Adjust Size". This has a few preset sizes as well as "Custom". Then do a "Save As" with "Small" or "700" at the end of the name and you should have a down-sized copy of your photo in the same folder it was in, sitting below the original, untouched photo.

The other thing I noticed is that the Forum seems to attach photos in reverse order, so if one wants to show a series then you should attach the last photo first (and so on until the first in the series).
Attachments
Capture1a.jpg
Capture1a.jpg (141.61 KiB) Viewed 2172 times
Capture2a.jpg
Capture2a.jpg (184.07 KiB) Viewed 2168 times
capture3a.jpg
capture3a.jpg (86.55 KiB) Viewed 2168 times
Capture4a.jpg
Capture4a.jpg (140.21 KiB) Viewed 2165 times
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Re: More on Posting a Photo on the Hand Lettering Forum

Post by Mike Jackson »

CoreyPoster2011_900.jpg
CoreyPoster2011_900.jpg (221.88 KiB) Viewed 2160 times
Poster I made for Corey.
r_letter.jpg
r_letter.jpg (26.99 KiB) Viewed 2168 times
test
Test Image

There is a command to the right of Attachments called "Place Inline"
Once you add several photos, pick one in the drop down list and click Place Inline.
It will then place the code into the message body and you can type above or below it and put them in any order you prefer.
selectimageexample.jpg
selectimageexample.jpg (47.55 KiB) Viewed 2163 times
Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons