Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Hello All

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Tyler Tim

Hello All

Post by Tyler Tim »

Wanted to say Hi to all... been reading thru this forum from the last page over the past few days. I got to the first the other day and signed in. Seems I was kicked out for not adding IM... Sorry Mike. I really like all the glass work and chipping and will most likely have some questions regarding that.

Anyways a little about me. I've been dragging paint around into recognizable shapes since the 80'ies. Most of my work is commercial in nature. Here is a little Ford truck I lettered in the summer. The first time I seen it it had vinyl stuck to the doors and a poor job at that and mentioned it was a shame to have done that. The owner spent the winter refinishing it and called for a sign to be painted. I retro'd his logo to fit 29 and painted with 1 Shot... took a couple of hours to complete. Owner was more then happy.

Tim
Attachments
001.JPG
001.JPG (64.57 KiB) Viewed 4158 times
008.JPG
008.JPG (60.23 KiB) Viewed 4173 times
Sure I paint thing for my amusement and then offer them for sale. A brushslinger could whither en die from lack of creativity in this plastic town my horse threw a shoe in. :shock:
Tyler Tim

Re: Hello All

Post by Tyler Tim »

I also do a bit of Iron work. This job came about from an 1865 fence duplication/restoration for an expansion of local Cemetery. The sign was installed last spring it's painted and the post I built from steel. The sign has a hand forged steel band the wraps it and scrolling welded to it. I fabricated every piece but the top cap and ball.

Tim
Attachments
handletter.JPG
handletter.JPG (108.47 KiB) Viewed 4009 times
Sure I paint thing for my amusement and then offer them for sale. A brushslinger could whither en die from lack of creativity in this plastic town my horse threw a shoe in. :shock:
Roderick Treece

Post by Roderick Treece »

Hi Tyler,
Glad to have you on the forum. Really nice work.
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

Hi Tim,
666...that's much better than having you wait for 999!

Keep posting your work and keep y'er brushes oiled!

Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Tyler Tim

Post by Tyler Tim »

Mike I did not wait... Just happen to notice it when it welcomed me. :lol:
Anyway here is a little sign I did.
002.JPG
002.JPG (90.5 KiB) Viewed 3915 times
Nothing compared to what others have posted but still a fun little job.

1/2 MDO cut out PT wood built up post.
bob gamache

Post by bob gamache »

hi Tyler
Nice signs! 'Tight and right'!
FWIW...When ever I hang a swing sign I use clips that go over the edge of the sign and bolt through the face. I found them in an ad in sign craft mag years ago.
Bob Gamache
Tyler Tim

Post by Tyler Tim »

Thanks Bob

I did just that. U shaped hangers with thru bolts that are sleeved to stop any sawing action and a set under to hang smaller sale sign.

Just built to scale... Over the years I've seen to many nice signs with ugly hanging systems. It's like an after thought to some.