Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Oklahoma Bash

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Oklahoma Bash

Post by Mike Jackson »

Here are a few photos from the Oklahoma Bash over the Halloween weekend of 1982. Wow! Almost 30 years. MJ
OKBash4.jpg
OKBash4.jpg (88.79 KiB) Viewed 5058 times
OkBash2.jpg
OkBash2.jpg (117.95 KiB) Viewed 5054 times
OKBash1.jpg
OKBash1.jpg (130.7 KiB) Viewed 5064 times
OKBash7.jpg
OKBash7.jpg (100.8 KiB) Viewed 5050 times
OKBash3.jpg
OKBash3.jpg (108.99 KiB) Viewed 5063 times
OKBash6.jpg
OKBash6.jpg (103.92 KiB) Viewed 5061 times
OKBash5.jpg
OKBash5.jpg (80.05 KiB) Viewed 5063 times
Attachments
OKBash7.jpg
OKBash7.jpg (100.8 KiB) Viewed 5060 times
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Raymond Chapman

Re: Oklahoma Bash

Post by Raymond Chapman »

Wow! Seems like it was only yesterday. Many professional lives were given new direction that weekend. Thanks Mike for the Bash and for posting the remembrances.
oatis

Post by oatis »

Mike: WOW. These are wondeful to see.

One word sums up the look on the faces of the eager multitudes shown here, watching each demonstration:

HUNGRY!
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

Hi Mark,
Maybe I can scan more from my photo albums of that weekend and get more on here.

But for now, I'd like to thank you and the original group in Denver for getting the thing going in the first place. I wish I could have been there when it was in its infancy, too!

That group changed everything.

Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Doug Bernhardt

Post by Doug Bernhardt »

Have been having a great time pouring thru the old photos here and Noel's. I can't figure out who the young guy bashing out a great showcard is with Raymond and Mike Stevens(?) over his right shoulder. I'd heard of all this up in Canada and even considered going with an old friend, but when he backed out the idea just petered away. The old banger that passed as the car I drove back then, was always at risk of dying between home and the corner store as well.
Raymond Chapman

Post by Raymond Chapman »

The guy doing the show card is Bob Behounek, but the viewer is not Mike Stevens but I can't remember his name. This was the first time that I had ever seen Bob letter and was amazed at how he held the brush and that only the tip of hair had paint - he didn't pallet out the brush like I was used to seeing.

By the way, he's still amazing.