Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Photoshop CS6

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Mark Summers

Photoshop CS6

Post by Mark Summers »

Just test drove CS6 beta and really like what they have done. You can You Tube
CS6 features to see what is going on. Pay attention the 'healing brush' tools.
The 'content aware' is really slick; pick an object up and move it arround.
Fix your messed up photos in no time at all. 3D text too. Very user friendly.

Mark
erik winkler

Re: Photoshop CS6

Post by erik winkler »

CS6 already Mark?! Grrrr will this update crazyness ever stop?
3d text? I must go and check that out!

Erik
Realizing we are in the 2nd renaissance of the arts.
Learn, copy and trying to improve...
Still in the learning phase ;-)
Amsterdam Netherlands
www.ferrywinkler.nl
www.schitterend.eu
www.facebook.com/Schitterend.eu
Ingrid Mager

Post by Ingrid Mager »

erik winkler wrote:CS6 already Mark?! Grrrr . . . .. .
Not as long as the big companies are out there trying to make more and more money. I notice COREL and ADOBE being neck in neck in competition, which is evidenced by the numbering/naming of their products/upgrades. But then...I guess that was obvious.. . and I know that was just a rhetorical question, Erik. I just felt like commenting on the subject.
~Inga
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

Content aware spot healing and filling with content aware was a HUGE improvement in version 5 over version 4. It was worth the upgrade price all by itself. If they've improved it again, I'm interested!

I've never been too hot on using the beta software. It is nice to see the reviews and see what is coming, but I typically like to just wait and get a fresh install with the new product when it releases. Lynda.com has a new tutorial title on CS6, but I haven't had the time to watch it yet. I am still getting used to Lightroom 4 and trying to learn how to use Painter 12, not to mention the new camera.

At least Adobe allows you to loaded LR and PS on a desktop and a laptop from a single license. I'd hate to have to upgrade two sets of software each time!

Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons