Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Rawson & Evans Railway & Steamship Catalog

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Jeff Lang

Rawson & Evans Railway & Steamship Catalog

Post by Jeff Lang »

I saw this on ebay Last night & thought you guys might like to have a look. I know Robare has a copy of one of these, but I would live to see an original, myself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... true&rt=nc

I have wondered how elaborate the windows were on the Titanic, boy they really used to dress up those ships & trains, didn't they.

Jeff
Attachments
Color cover
Color cover
Rawson & Evans Railway & Steamship Catalog 00.jpg (213.11 KiB) Viewed 2322 times
Rawson & Evans Railway & Steamship Catalog 01.jpg
Rawson & Evans Railway & Steamship Catalog 01.jpg (138.38 KiB) Viewed 2326 times
Rawson & Evans Railway & Steamship Catalog 02.jpg
Rawson & Evans Railway & Steamship Catalog 02.jpg (143.25 KiB) Viewed 2325 times
Rawson & Evans Railway & Steamship Catalog 03.jpg
Rawson & Evans Railway & Steamship Catalog 03.jpg (135.98 KiB) Viewed 2326 times
Rawson & Evans Railway & Steamship Catalog 04.jpg
Rawson & Evans Railway & Steamship Catalog 04.jpg (148.37 KiB) Viewed 2329 times
Rawson & Evans Railway & Steamship Catalog 05.jpg
Rawson & Evans Railway & Steamship Catalog 05.jpg (136.33 KiB) Viewed 2320 times
Jeff Lang
Olde Lang Signs
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
412-732-9999
Kent Smith

Re: Rawson & Evans Railway & Steamship Catalog

Post by Kent Smith »

Our railroad museum could use one of these to ensure accurate restorations. It sure is interesting how much glass was used for so many different purposes and so much of it is now lost and broken. Too bad so much plastic is used now instead.