Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Taking sign brushes on a plane.

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Rick Janzen

Taking sign brushes on a plane.

Post by Rick Janzen »

Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with taking your brushes on a plane?
bob gamache

Re: Taking sign brushes on a plane.

Post by bob gamache »

Hi Rick
Best to be safe! I travel alot for work and normally ship my materials to the destination ahead of me. On occasion, I have taken new brushes for a plane ride though with no problem! Again they were brand new, & not oiled up. If they're oiled up they have to go 'ground' use Fed-ex or ups. Hope this helps.
Bob Gamache
Rick Janzen

Post by Rick Janzen »

Thanks Bob, that's what I thought.
Mike Simpson

Post by Mike Simpson »

I've flown from Montrose, Colorado via Denver to Charlotte, NC with watercolor brushes in a traveling paint kit and had no problem. Last fall I flew the same route with a Mack brush in the plastic tube to do a little pinstriping while visiting family there and again no problem. I had to buy the 1-shot once I got there though. Couldn't fly with it.

Might be a problem flying "internationally" though. Probably safer to ship them like Bob recommended.
Mike Simpson
picture framemaker and artist
http://www.mikesimpsonart.com