Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Jameson Whiskey Limited Edition Bottle and glass

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

DAVE SMITH

Jameson Whiskey Limited Edition Bottle and glass

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Like to share this with you guys.

We had a fun weekend over at the St. Patricks day celebrations in Dublin on the 17th March. Jameson went all out to look after all 10 of us that made the trip. They treated us like royalty! everything paid for including flights. The Irish sure do know how to party!
Attached are some images of the glass sign I made for them and the bottle which has gone worldwide, but for some unknown reason did not make the States.
Not sure why, but hope to find out at some point. The PR has been amazing with displays in all airports and even printed on the flight tickets of most British Airways flights ,they also gave me my own bar front in London ,Heathrow! lol Some shots of my family and one shot of my nephew and daughter Hannah in New Zealand with the bottle they found locally in a supermarket , and the album cover that was made for John Mayer.
Thanks guys!. Happy Easter!
Heathrow-Duty-Free-700.jpg
Heathrow-Duty-Free-700.jpg (101.25 KiB) Viewed 10313 times
Bar-Heathrow700.jpg
Bar-Heathrow700.jpg (116.78 KiB) Viewed 10308 times
700.jpg
700.jpg (109.64 KiB) Viewed 10320 times
7004.jpg
7004.jpg (75.53 KiB) Viewed 10295 times
7001.jpg
7001.jpg (74.37 KiB) Viewed 10275 times
7002.jpg
7002.jpg (141.89 KiB) Viewed 10294 times
7003.jpg
7003.jpg (161.45 KiB) Viewed 10284 times
Last edited by DAVE SMITH on Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DAVE SMITH

Re: Jameson Whiskey Limited Edition Bottle and glass

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Family and friends shot.
Thanks
Dave
7005.jpg
7005.jpg (90.31 KiB) Viewed 10299 times
Jeff Lang

Post by Jeff Lang »

Well done, Dave!
Fun to see you & your family enjoying a bit of time off & see the final product up close. I've enjoyed following the posts youve made with the progress & success of the Jameson project.
I especially liked the ribbons on the label that read, "Embrace Your Irish Spirit". Very smooth.
I am still wondering how the US was slighted on the opportunity to purchase the special edition.
Are they still holding a grudge? ;)
Congrats!

Jeff
Jeff Lang
Olde Lang Signs
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
412-732-9999
Anthony Bennett

Post by Anthony Bennett »

Cool photo's Dave, thanks for sharing
joe cieslowski

Post by joe cieslowski »

Thanks Dave!

Just as awesome as usual.

Joe
Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!
Ash Bishop

Post by Ash Bishop »

Thanks for posting the photos of what must have been a fantastic trip and an outstanding piece of work.

Can I take this opportunity on behalf of all who love our craft and visit this site to congratulate you for the amazing job you have done in raising the profile of our passion to the wider world. You have shown in no uncertain terms to the graphic, art and marketing industries that the traditional sign writer is not a vesitage of a bygone era, but is more valid now than we have ever been. The signwriter offers an alternative vision; A reaction against the generic and digital and a concession to the vibrant, passionate and human.

Through your efforts you have raised awareness of our trade for all of us and you have shown to many the empitomy of a true craftsman.

Now before you think I've gone soft in the fitch I'll say well done buddy and see you soon.
Wayne Osborne

Post by Wayne Osborne »

.. Hi Dave... Wot Ash said, .....(.but without all the Bromance) :D
W
Lee Littlewood

Post by Lee Littlewood »

What I like is the two signatures - one on the frame seems to say "John Jameson &Son" and the one in the middle of the piece says "David Smith".

What is the proper British response: "Veddy good show" or "Gobsmacked"?
where am i? Now, when i need me...
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Thankyou very much for such nice comments you guys. Ashley it's a pleasure to share this skill with you and others ,thankyou for saying that. I've learnt so much from many here and especially back in the Fine Gold Days which we all miss very much. Let's keep on sharing this artform with the world , i think it will slowly start to make a difference and possibly bring it all back around. The great thing with these projects is the exposure they bring to our craft, John Mayers album cover and the film we made has hit over 1.9 million plays in 4 weeks , i'm recieving emails from people constantly about this craft and the same also with the Jameson bottles. Thanks to both these clients the exposure has been huge on what we all do. I hope alot of you may benefit from some of this as it will all help to keep it alive. Thanks to the Letterheads!
appreciate it guys. Thank you Ashley, you are a good talented friend.
Dave
Last edited by DAVE SMITH on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Riedel

Post by Bill Riedel »

Ash Bishop said it all, my sentiments exactly.
I will never stop saying that Dave Smith deserves to be Knighted for all his most extra ordinary craftsmanship.
Bill Riedel
Bill Riedel
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Bill, You are the one that needs the Knighthood! thanks very much Bill, much appreciate it buddy. Lots of people here I look upto for ideas and advise you being one of them mate.

and as Mark Oatis would say I.O.A.F.S! lol

cheers Bill.
Dave
DAVE SMITH

Post by DAVE SMITH »

Actually that would make a great sign in chipped gilded glass.
Dave