Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Drop Box

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Roderick Treece

Drop Box

Post by Roderick Treece »

Anyone out there using Drop box to share photos ? I downloaded the software and signed up. Then I put a whole bunch of photos in the DP folder and now I don't know how to share them with friends.??

Help
Kelly Thorson

Re: Drop Box

Post by Kelly Thorson »

Hi Rod,
Right click on an image and choose copy public link and send it to whoever you want to share it with, or if they are in a folder you can right click and choose share this folder and import contacts from your mail or facebook and choose who to share it with.
I believe there is no shame in failure. Rather, the shame lies in the loss of all the things that might have been, but for the fear of failure.
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

Roderick,
I have been using DropBox for several years. Love it!

You can create a folder on your DropBox site, which will duplicate it on your computer, then set that folder as a shared folder. But you can also limit who can access the folder and invite them to go to DropBox to get photos and files.

For example, I have a MJackson-SignCraft folder, a MJackson-Bookkeeper folder, a MJackson-DBaronian, MJackson-SilverDollarCity folder and so on. I've invited a specific person to use each one, and none of them can see the contents in the other folders.

You can also make a Public or shared folder and let anyone go there. I never cared for that option too much as they can go into the folder, move, change and delete files.

I also made a folder on Dropbox for JacksonFamily where I put family photos. Everyone in the family has access to them, and if they put anything in the folder, I get a notification and it adds the files to the Dropbox folder mirrored on my computer.

Lastly, I have a MikeJackson folder only I can access, even while on the road.
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Billie DeBekker

Post by Billie DeBekker »

Another Cool thing You can do with Dropbox is you can get the app for your smart phone and set it up so that any Photos you take on your phone they will automatically upload to DB and download to your computer so they are sitting there ready for you when you get back in the shop or House....This has save me so much hassle of trying to email them to myself or getting them off the phone 1 at a time...

And for the pro photographers like Mike on certain Cameras Like our Nikon D100 I can Plug my Phone into it Via the USB and automatically upload the Photos from the Nikon to DB then Dump the memory card on the camera to keep taking photos in the field or Vacation.
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Post by Mike Jackson »

Hi William,
Hmmmm. That's a great idea.

I won't be able to use the USB option for uploading. I don't have a smart phone yet. Everyone else in the family does however. The other issue would be file size and data usage. Each of my D4 images are 19 megs and the D800 images are 75 megs, so it'd take forever and I'd need a heck of a data package and a lot of storage room at Drop Box. I'll mention it to Darla. She shoots JPGs and has access to the dropbox.

Thanks for posting the info.

Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons