Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Help finding a custom exterior hand painted sign co in SoCal

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Wendy Koro

Help finding a custom exterior hand painted sign co in SoCal

Post by Wendy Koro »

Exterior-Building-Sign-low-res-mockup-for-web.jpg
Exterior-Building-Sign-low-res-mockup-for-web.jpg (57.91 KiB) Viewed 2699 times
Can anyone recommend a company or individual who still does custom exterior sign painting in the Los Angeles area? We rent office space in a landmark building and the owner will only allow a wood sign (I guess MDO okay) with painted lettering to match the existing (unique font) building name painted right on the stucco. The company who did the original artwork is out of business. I hand drew an example of what we would like our sign to look like and used photoshop to scale a mockup onto a photo of the building, which he approved... However, I am a novice not a professional artist and believe my efforts could be improved. Not to mention that now I am having trouble finding anyone who hand letters or will use paint anymore. Approx size of the sign 5 ft wide by 2.5 ft high; second story installation.

I suppose we could separate out the artwork and installation if necessary. Just attached two low res photos.

Thanks
Wendy
Attachments
Exterior-Building-Sign-Hand-Drawn-Mockupfor-web.jpg
Exterior-Building-Sign-Hand-Drawn-Mockupfor-web.jpg (32.31 KiB) Viewed 2696 times
Last edited by Wendy Koro on Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Jackson
Site Admin

Re: Help finding a custom exterior hand painted sign co in SoCal

Post by Mike Jackson »

Wendy,
I am sure someone here can help you.

To post the photo, open your PDF document in Photoshop, then check the size. Resize it to 700 pixels and save it as a JPG. It should load fine to this site. You can EDIT your first post and add the image there. Afterwards I can delete this part of my reply.

Mike Jackson
Mike Jackson / co-administrator
Golden Era Studios
Vintage Ornamental Clip art
Jackson Hole, WY

Photography site:
Teton Images
Jackson Hole photography blog:
Best of the Tetons
Roderick Treece

Re: Help finding a custom exterior hand painted sign co in SoCal

Post by Roderick Treece »

Wendy,
Call me and I will give you the name and number of someone in LA. I'd be happy to do it but I'm in North County San Diego..

Roderick
760 943 9299