Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Pinstripe Brushes?

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Joe Morreale

Pinstripe Brushes?

Post by Joe Morreale »

I want to "brush up" on my pinstriping. The old macks I have are trashed. Any recommendations to try a new brush? I usually just do decorative work, no long straight line stuff. Oh yeah haven't laid a line in over 15 years.
Tyler Tim

Re: Pinstripe Brushes?

Post by Tyler Tim »

Kafka has a set of liner/scrollers that work well. Still have some old Mack daggers for pulling lines as well.

Kafka has some YouTube flicks up if you care to have a look.
Sure I paint thing for my amusement and then offer them for sale. A brushslinger could whither en die from lack of creativity in this plastic town my horse threw a shoe in. :shock:
Joe Morreale

Post by Joe Morreale »

I think I'll try a Kafka, It looks like it has the characteristics I'm looking for. His grid template was somewhat intriguing as well.
pat mackle

Post by pat mackle »

Aren't Pebeo bottled products water based? I have some that dry into a hard acrylic, even harder if you cure them in an oven.
Arlo Kalon

Post by Arlo Kalon »

Mack has a line of brushes with blue thread at the ferrule. They were called Old Dominicans and are vastly superior to the green thread ones. Also, they have a line of metal ferrule brushes, the best of which I have found is called a Mack Belly. I used these for four years I striped new motorcycles at a factory and they have great control. The blue ferrule ones are my favorite though after they are adequately trimmed down.
Hand lettered signs... the ultimate urban art