Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Gold leaf glass mirror

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Roderick Treece

Gold leaf glass mirror

Post by Roderick Treece »

Thought I might post a photo of the gold leaf mirror I just finished.
Attachments
EddieRRL8 sm.jpg
EddieRRL8 sm.jpg (211.71 KiB) Viewed 5748 times
Tyler Tim

Re: Gold leaf glass mirror

Post by Tyler Tim »

Looks nice Roderick.

The distressing/aging... did you sponge, flick and splatter it?
Sure I paint thing for my amusement and then offer them for sale. A brushslinger could whither en die from lack of creativity in this plastic town my horse threw a shoe in. :shock:
Roderick Treece

Hi Tyler,
The background is antiqued silver mirror and the gold leaf is antiqued oil and water gilded leaf , 12k.18k.22k and 23k. Here is a link to my face book page that shows the whole process.No paint splatter or sponging.

https://www.facebook.com/roderick.treece

Sorry I don't know how to make that a clickable link.
BruceJackson

Post by BruceJackson »

Another fine looking piece...You've really got that antiquing process well sorted.

Is that a real name???...I'm still trying to work out how to pronounce it! If feel sure there may be some weird or cryptic meaning going on there, but I'm missing it...hahaha
Roderick Treece

Hi Bruce,
Thanks,glad you like it. Now I just have to figuire out how to do the antique mirroring with paint and leaf like you do. Maybe I should come over for a workshop!
Tried many time with no success. Yes Eddie Verdoyak is a real guy. Google his name ,add chicago in there. He was a big Chicago politition at one time. It pronounds VER DOl YAK.