Just wantesd to introduce myself

An interactive section of TheLetterheads.com

Topics include: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Off Topic Posts may be deleted at the discretion of the web hosts. ABSOLUTELY NO SHARING OF COPYRIGHTED FONTS, CLIP ART, or VIDEOS!

Please take social chit-chat elsewhere!

Moderators: Danny Baronian, Mike Jackson

Johnny Milne

Just wantesd to introduce myself

Post by Johnny Milne » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:29 pm

Hey There Everybody, My name is Johnny M. from Boston Ma. I originally was a graffitti artist then moved on to airbrushing then dabbled in some pinstriping but have really fell in love with hand lettering. Just wanted to say hello and I am glad I found this forum. TONS of usefull info. Im sure Ill have a lot of questions.

Thanks

JM

BruceJackson

Re: Just wantesd to introduce myself

Post by BruceJackson » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:05 am

Hi Johnny,

welcome. There certainly is a lot of info tucked away in the older posts on this forum.

You'll notice there has been a fairly strong focus, not just on hand lettering, but on the use of gold leaf and glass. It's because traditionally, this type of signwork was always considered at the high end of the sign trade, so naturally some of us gravitated towards that and it explore it as an artform.

The forum is perhaps not as active on a daily basis as it was several years ago, but there are lots of very talented people with a vast amount of experience who are willing to share their knowledge. Enjoy!

Anthony Bennett

Re: Just wantesd to introduce myself

Post by Anthony Bennett » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:27 pm

Welcome. Enjoy yourself here