Welcome to The Hand Lettering Forum!
This is an interactive Bulletin Board on the topics of Sign making, design, fabrication, History, old Books and of coarse Letterheads, Keepers of the craft. The Hand Lettering Forum features links to resources, sign art history, techniques, and artists profiles. Learn more about Letterheads at https://theletterheads.com. Below you'll see Mchat has been added as a live communication portal for trial, and the Main forum Links are listed below.

Favorite Products

Hand Lettering topics: Sign Making, Design, Fabrication, Letterheads, Sign Books.

Moderators: Ron Percell, Mike Jackson, Danny Baronian

Susan Allemand

Favorite Products

Post by Susan Allemand »

Hi all,

My name is Susan and I live in Seattle, I am new to the forum and sign painting.

I was wondering what your favorite products and brushes are that you use.
I look forward to meeting you and hearing what you have to say.

Enjoy the day :D
Susan
Roderick Treece

Re: Favorite Products

Post by Roderick Treece »

Hi Susan,
Welcome to the forum. Show everyone your piece you made at my workshop and maybe the other one too. I like most of Letterhead sign supplies products , W&B Gold Leaf to start.
Susan Allemand

Post by Susan Allemand »

Hi Roderick,

Thanks! I guess I was looking for more answers to my questions...... ;-)
What size of brushes and brands do you use....your favorite paint, size, gold leaf, glue chip, sand blaster, ect. Be great to hear from all of you :-)

Here is a sample I made for a client for her dining room wall. I'm in the process of
making 48 of them now, they will be glued onto the wall with designer rivits at each corner.
My first big glass project :-)
Attachments
Golden Olive Trellis.jpg
Golden Olive Trellis.jpg (88.87 KiB) Viewed 3953 times
Lee Littlewood

Post by Lee Littlewood »

Umm, it is a bit like asking a bunch of cooks what ingredients they like best.
There are different brushes for different surfaces, different paints ditto, different solvents, different substrates.... And of course different places have different supplies available.
The needs and requirements of the project will be what lead you to a material or a technique. It is sort of a chicken-egg thing, but some famous person (an architect maybe?) said that when you have properly defined a problem you have described its solution. I wouldn't go that far, but you will certainly have a handle on the materials needed.

Nice 'golden olive trellis' thingy. How big is it? Do you have to drill holes in the corners for the mounting?
Post a photo of the finished job, please?
where am i? Now, when i need me...